More about our secure furniture range …
Attributes such as anti-ligature fixtures to avoid self-harm, sloping tops to prevent the concealment of items, thick timber framing, full length hinges and secure screws for durability make our products some of the safest and most robust on the market. Key features of our secure furniture range include:
- Dove-tailed joints on all drawers
Beds are designed to be attached to the floor, have solid bed bases and can be provided with anti-pick mastic edging.
- Thick medium density fibreboard is used in the internal sections of our furniture (where other materials have not been requested), such as bed bases and drawer boxes.
- Anti-ligature fixtures and fittings can be incorporated into all suitable products.
- Furniture is supplied with a choice of anti-ligature metal handles or moulded timber handles that cannot be removed.
- Veneered furniture is varnished with a choice of clear eco-lacquer or medicoate lacquer, which protects against bacteria and micro-organisms.
- Desks and other working surfaces can be provided with laminate or formica tops in a range of colours.
- Makrolon unbreakable plastic is used for notice boards and TV cabinets.
Secure furniture items can be coated in medicoate lacquer which prevents the spread of Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Escherichia coli 0157 (e.coli), Salmonella enteritidis, Bacillus cereus (food poisoning) and other bacteria with a kill rate of 99% within 24 hours. Please ensure you speak to a member of the ETB team should you wish to choose this option for your furniture quotation.